Special Needs / NDIS Cooking Lessons
Come and join us in our brand new purpose build Port Adelaide kitchen facility
The Homefresh Special Needs shopping and cooking program is a great way for NDIS clients to socialise, interact with the community and learn one of the most important life skills everyone needs; cooking healthy food from scratch.
All our clients benefit in some way from this inclusive program which is tailored for all levels of ability. We feel privileged to be part of their progress and aiding the development of skills and it is wonderful to watch the sense of achievement our clients attain.
This program is carefully formulated to build confidence by developing skills such as the ability to:
- try new experiences
- socialise and interact with others
- select and purchase fresh healthy and nutritious produce and ingredients
- follow a recipe
- use kitchen utensils and equipment (including appropriate knife skills)
- work independently and as part of a team
Life skills, benefits gained as a result of being part of the program include:
- having fun and enjoying cooking and eating with others
- being part of the community
- developing a broad understanding of nutrition and cooking healthy food
- social interaction with the chef, each other and the shopping centre staff
- understanding and accepting others
- becoming more independent
Class times - Port Adelaide, register now on our contact page to secure a place
Monday - Friday 12-2pm and Saturday 9.30 - 11.30am
Monday - Friday 9.30 - 11.30am
Mon, Fri 4-6pm
To make a booking
Please use the contact page or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call him on 0466 158 453 to discuss the time that best suits you and discuss your child or young adult needs so we can support you best.