In-School Cooking Lessons
Homefresh Junior Chef cooking program for schools
Principal's and coordinators please don't let your children leave school without being able to cook, you can play a critical role here, and together with your support we can achieve amazing outcomes.
Imagine how the students at your school could benefit
· Learning about healthy food choices and cooking with Australia’s abundant fresh produce
· Learning professional cooking skills from our highly skilled chefs
· Learning about the importance healthy eating has on their overall learning, health and wellbeing
· Strengthening their self-confidence through fun and educational teamwork
· Each child will start the unique Homefresh 4 Hat stepped cooking program
Good nutrition aids student’s health, wellbeing and readiness to learn
Homefresh strongly believes the best place to start to build a healthier population is with Australian children - your school students.
Since 2013 Homefresh has been encouraging school-aged children to develop a passion for healthy cooking, a taste for world cuisines and an understanding of fresh food in a team-building context through our School Holiday Program.
This year we’re really getting serious about educating young people by offering our programs to leading schools in Australia. Could the students at your school benefit from this unique opportunity?
What your students will learn
· How to shop (one dedicated shopping excursion per term), pick, prepare and cook healthy food
· How to cook signature dishes from around the world
· Safe kitchen and knife skills – the way the professionals do it
· Kitchen hygiene and food safety
· How to work as a team and build trust
· Dinner etiquette and table setting
· How good the food tastes when they’ve cooked it themselves – and yes they get to enjoy it with the chef!
Homefresh caters to all year levels - How does it work?
· Lessons can be tailored to suit your schools budget and time table
· Lessons accommodate all year levels
· Homefresh will conduct our 4 Hat Program in your school
· Homefresh recommends schools think about running lessons in one week of each term incorporating each year level
· Our goal is to have your students leave school with advanced Junior Chef skills
What does it cost?
The cost is just $27 per school student. Classes can be one-off or ongoing, and they can be adapted for children in reception to year twelve. Classes also run for children in the school holidays at our Homefresh kitchens (for more information about this click here).
Why you can trust Homefresh - over 40,000 children have loved the experience
Your students will receive their lesson directly from our Homefresh chefs who are highly trained with a wealth of experience, knowledge and amazing food stories ready to impart on our next generation.
Just one lesson and you will understand how this opportunity can benefit your students and change their life's
Homefresh has a plan to influence 3 generations eating habits, with your support we can make this happen!